Below are a few of the screenshots I took of the editing process.
I decided to begin editing after the first shoot just so I could keep up with the work load and give joel something to focus on as we had now decided to play the film backwards but play the sound forwards in chronological order.
So I first pro resed all of the footage before importing it into FCP.
I then began to name all of the footage that I wanted to use and place them in a separate bin.
It was then decided that I would place all the clips and effects in the right order and then later reverse them after all the main editing had been done.
The first issue came when I had to then reverse all of the footage, I had first anticipated simply reversing the clips and placing them in a second timeline, however this became impossible because the timeline kept changing the aspect ratio of the footage and it was problematic because we had zoomed in parts of a shot in a few frames, sped some things up and moving it onto a second timeline just ruined all of that work. So to combat this, I just copied and pasted onto the same timeline further down and once was all done deleted the forward version and moved the final cut into place.
The second issue I had came when we watched the fight sequence back... It didn't look right! because of the way it was filmed obviously the impact of the punches were after each punch and we lost that when we reversed it, it didn't carry the same level of anger. To aid with this I suggested playing the crucial parts of the fight forward so we could get the intensity of the punches back and fortunately it looks good. just hope that no one in the audience clocks it!!
The final stage was to add the sound in that joel had been working on, playback and then export. really happy with the edit and sound though.








No comments:
Post a Comment