Today (18th March) was our pitch to Annie and a chance to get feedback on it and what she thought. She wanted us to read the script out to her, and fortunately I didn't have to this time! But she asked me to keep and ear out because she was going to ask me what I thought.
Even though I could recognise that the storyline would be really interesting for art direction, I can't really say that I liked the content of the script, the story. In all honesty I initially thought that our two minute piece is going to be stronger than our main.
After the script had been read through, Annie came to me first and asked my opinion, which I found really awkward because I didn't want to offend Christi, or any of the lads that did like it for that fact. But I just couldn't follow what was going on in it, it felt disjointed and it lost me in the middle part. I was relieved to hear Annie shared my opinion on it. So after the tutorial, we all sat down in the cafe to talk it through and talk about an alternative middle part of the story.
It also gave me time to talk through some costume and prop ideas for the film. Joel turned to me and said that he may have a few jackets/ costumes that might work for the costumes so I asked him to show me a few of the items and was convinced that they would look smashing on the characters.
At the end of the meeting, Robin and Christi promised the new revised script would be up on our group page by the morning tomorrow, which is going to help me a lot with the final prop list.
No comments:
Post a Comment